Please read the following before contacting me for personal or commercial work.
Artist: The person producing the Commission (Rori Montford, @MontfordTales)
Client: The person purchasing the Commission
Commission: The service provided by the Artist to the Client, as per the Commission Agreement
Commission Agreement: The documented discussion (email, Discord, or Twitter Direct Message) in which the Artist and Client agree on: the subject matter and type of Commission to be produced, the Commission price, the timeline for Start of Work, a Commission deadline (if applicable), early termination circumstances, rush fees, and the timeline on which the Commission can be immediately displayed in the Artist's portfolio. The Commission Agreement shall be kept on record with the Artist for a minimum of two years.
Start of Work: The date on which the Client has agreed for the Artist to start work on the Commission.
- The Artist reserves the right to refuse any Commission request, without needing to explain the reason.
- The Artist reserves the right to stop work on a Commission, or cancel a Commission request due to: poor communication, rude or inappropriate behaviour, or a breach of these Terms of Service.
- The Artist will not create pornographic material, fetishes, hateful or racist imagery, or imagery they deem to be morally dubious.
- The Artist will not reproduce a copyrighted image or character without the consent of the copyright holder.
- The Artist retains all rights to the Commission, including but not limited to: Distribution, reproduction, re-licensing, and Artist promotion.
- The Client must specify the nature of the Commission to the best of their ability. Complex Commissions may incur additional illustration fees, which shall be defined and agreed upon in the Commission Agreement prior to the Start of Work.
- The Client must specify the desired size of the Commission. A large size may incur additional illustration fees, which shall be defined and agreed upon in the Commission Agreement prior to the Start of Work.
- Time-sensitive Commissions may incur a rush fee, equal to 25% of the total cost of the work, and be documented in the Commission Agreement.
- Confidental Commissions must be defined in the Commission Agreement, along with a concrete timespan over which the Commission is to remain private. The Artist will delay public display of the Commission until the agreed time.
- The Client may not profit from the Commission unless granted a commercial license to do so.
- The Client may not edit, alter, or trace, the Commission without the Artist's written permission, or as agreed upon in the Commission Agreement prior to the Start of Work.
- The Client may display the Commission online as long as the Artist's name ("Victoria Blackmore" or "@OneDMtoAnother") is prominently displayed along with a link to www.onedmtoanother.com. The Artist must be notified of any public, or online, display of the Commission, unless already defined in the Commission Agreement prior to Start of Work.
- The Client may not submit the Commission to a contest.
- Digital art Commissions will be provided to the Client after full payment has been received. The Commission shall be made available as a png or jpg file by email or an online download location. Additional file formats must be set out the the Commission Agreement prior to Start of Work.
- Unless discussed in the Commission Agreement, the Artist is not responsible for creating a print, or hard copy, of the Commission.
- Previews of the Commission may be requested at any time, but alterations must be confined to the agreed upon change process in the Commission Agreement.
- The Client may not incorporate the Commission into another work of art, or another Artist's Commission, without expressed written permission.
- Refunds will only be made if the Client notifies the Artist prior to Start of Work.